donderdag 4 maart 2010

Spending or Saving?

The problem with making money, is that you’re spending it way too fast!

Maybe you recognize the situation: for months you’re craving for some new outfits which you actually don’t really need. For months you can control yourself. When you’re walking in the centre of the city, on that lovely shopping road, you keep your head down. You set the volume of your iPod at maximum and don’t look op, just to avoid the temptation of window shopping. You’re dying for some variation in your clothing closet, but you just don’t have the money. You need to pay the rent and do the groceries and every month your bank account turns more and more red.

And then there’s that day. That day that you finally can make some unexpected money!

My mother asked me to spend my day off at her work. Her department was really busy and some small tasks just kept lying around for weeks. I helped her out for 7 hours, and made some extra money. Great I thought, since I promised my boyfriend I would save money so that we can go on a holiday together.

But then there’s that temptation again. My mom invited me to walk over some shopping streets centre when we finished work. This was, obviously, a offer I couldn’t refuse. She gave me some new clothes, as a gift. I love my mom and I love how she pampers me, but that new outfit just couldn’t go without those lovely shoes I saw at a display shop earlier. But still, I promised my boyfriend..

I confess. I’m guilty. I bought a new pair of shoes. I immediately spent the money I made that day. They’re really beautiful shoes with way too high heels. I’ll probably never wear them, but they’ll look great in my closet!

P.s. My boyfriend doesn’t understand the womanly urging for new shoes. He seems to think our holiday has a higher priority. But seriously: you can’t go on a holiday without a great pair of new shoes, can you?

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. +
    As far as I can see, your English is really good! I didn't see any mistakes.

    - it is a little bit long-winded. you're writing a whole page about if you're gonna buy shoes or not.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. +
    Good story, good English

    Only a few mistakes in English:

    a offer = AN offer
    the womanly urging = the female urge....


    Keep up the good work!
    Mieke Westveen

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. +
    Good story
    -
    Just a few mistakes in English:

    a offer = AN offer
    womanly urging = female urge

    Keep up the good work!

    Mieke Westveen

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen