donderdag 18 februari 2010

Tigers loose in the city!

I am so glad that it is almost weekend! I’ve partied way too much!

Last week in Holland there was a national event called Carnival. Though it used to be a Catholic event, nowadays it’s mainly about getting drunk and party for four days. Although the entire population celebrates Carnival, parties are only organized in the south of Holland. Particularly in the provinces North-Brabant and Limburg, Carnival is a really big item.

The south being the only place where you can really celebrate this event, it is only a logical consequence that people from all over Holland travel to the south to have a good time. Trains with people from everywhere in the country arrive in the south and southern cities are crammed with way too many people.

The great thing about Carnival is that everyone has to get all dressed up. Everyone disguises themselves as another person, animal or object. Don’t be shocked if you see a pirate and Harry Potter walking hand in hand!

This year Carnival meant for me minimal sleep and way too much alcohol. Since I live in Utrecht, I can’t combine my holiday with this event anymore. I my old hometown, I used to have spring break whenever it was Carnival, but here in Utrecht school just goes on .. As a result, I spent my hangovers in class instead of my lovely bed!

My motivation for school was minimal last week.
After I attended my lessons (really, that’s all I was able to do), I took the train back to the south and put on my ugly dress in which I looked like a panther or just a vulgar girl. After meeting my friends in the bar, we ordered some beers and started dancing on the most horrible Dutch music you could think of .. Yhiihaa!

1 opmerking:

  1. + It has been written well and it's also a nice subject.
    clarifying!

    -
    I can not really find (grammatical) mistakes.

    I'm not sure, but the first line of the third paragraph I think you could better say:


    The south IS being the only place where you can really celebrate this event, SO it is only a logical consequence that people from all over Holland travel to the south to have a good time.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen